Report a Missing Person
What to do if someone goes missing If someone you know goes missing: Contact your
local police agency immediately; early intervention in all lost/missing person cases
Important information to provide to police:
- If your community is policed by the OPP call O.P.P. Dispatch at
to have an officer respond to a call for service.
- If the service is available in your community dial 9-1-1.
- Last known location of the missing person
- Detailed physical descriptors including: age, height, weight, hair colour and style,
- Identifying characteristics: marks, scars, tattoos, prior surgery, dental characteristics
- Consider the habits, activities of the missing person including mental health concerns